Monday, October 29, 2007

Expedition

I am about to begin a cleansing journey with the help of this blog and Ravelry.com. I'm going to organize my crochet and knitting materials. This seemingly insurmountable task looms before me like tax season for the self-employed. In the process, cleaning my desk will be tantamount to my success. Between me and my monitor are clothes hangers, empty M&M's wrappers (peanut, of course), books, an empty beer bottle, barettes, a glue stick, a bra and OH so much more. I spy some of my stash on my desk as well - a skein of white bedspread weight crochet thread, a half-finished prototype crocheted hat, and a Yahtzee cup with most of my crochet hooks and a few pens in it. Indeed, the day that lies ahead will be rife with organizational challenges, but I am up to the task! Currently, my linen closet, couch and computer room closet hold pieces and parts of my yarn stash and crochet and knitting tools. (Nevermind the quilting notions, that's for another blog). Today, I challenge myself to sort through, organize and log my stash into ravelry.com so that I can take steps to making something of the inordinate amount of yarn I currently have so that I can resist temptation to purchase even more. My next post will contain the befores and afters, so be sure to check back!

No comments: